General Purpose Pumps
Viking Pump General Purpose Pumps Positive Displacement Pumps Internal Gear Pumps Economical and Efficient for Medium-Duty Applications.
The Viking Pump 32 Series and 432 Series Viking Pumps are included in the General Purpose Pumps. Available with Packing, Mechanical Seals and Lip Seals.
The Viking Pump General Purpose Pumps use a floating rotor deisgn in which the rotor or shaft is allowed to 'float' within the pump head. These pumps are well suited for medium duty applications and is a good metering pump.
The Viking Pump General Purpose series internal gear pumps offer economical and efficient design for medium-duty applications. They utilize a "floating rotor" design, in which the rotor/shaft is not retained by a thrust bearing, and is allowed to "float" within the pump head. This reduces the available pressure and allowable viscosity compared to a thrust bearing design like the Universal Seal or Heavy Duty series, but is well suited to many medium duty applications. Can also be used as a metering pump. Accepts various sealing options including: packing, component mechanical seals, and lip seals.Viking General Purpose Series 32 pumps are extremely well suited for light, medium and intermittent service handling a variety of liquids. The smaller sizes “C”, “F” and “FH” are constructed for heavier duty service. Mechanical seal equipped General Purpose pump models in sizes from “C” thru “HL” shown in this section are available with Underwriters label for handling fuel oil. Model numbers for these pumps must be designated by a suffix -X. “UL” listed models can be equipped with integral relief valve.
Viking’s unique and unusually simple pump construction makes it adaptable to many diversified installations. The pumps possess excellent vacuum characteristics and will operate and prime at suction lifts up to 25 feet, depending upon the vaporization point of volatile liquids. Because of the cushioned action in providing a continuous and steady stream of liquid without splashing, pounding, foaming or churning, the Viking pump is adaptable to an unlimited number of industrial applications. All sizes of Viking General Purpose pumps have tapped ports except “LQ”, “LL”, “Q”, “M” and “N” sizes. These haveflanged ports ready to accept companion flanges. “K” through “N” sizes are furnished with conventional packing as standard. A cartridge style triple lip sealing option is available for the “K” through “N” sizes. A supporting anti-friction bearing pillow block is recommended for the end of the pump shaft on all V-belt driven units.
Features and Benefits of the 32 Series and 432 Series General Purpose Pumps from Viking Pump agents Thomson Process Equipment and Engineering Ltd.
Relief Valve on Casing or Head
- The integral pressure relief valve on casing or head permits by-passing of liquid from discharge back to suction side of pump. Reverse valve when reversing pump rotation on large pumps. Small pumps with relief valve built with right hand suction as standard.
Steam Jacketed Head
- Jacketed head or plate permits temperature control of the liquid being pumped. Jacketed plate available on “G” through “LL” size pumps. Jacketed head available on “Q” through “N” sizes. Relief valve not available with jacketed head or plate. For complete jacketed pumps, see Section 430.
Upright, Opposite & Right Angle Ports
- “C”, “F” and “FH” size pumps furnished with upright port casings: “G” size pump with opposite port casing and “H” through “N” size pumps with right angle port casings. Right hand port determined by lo-cation of side port when facing pump from shaft end.
- “G”, “H” and “HL” sizes illustrated. All General Purpose pumps are available with packed stuffing boxes. Mechanical seals are available on “C” through “HL” size pumps as standard. The seal is a rotary type packaged unit that is simple and self-adjusting. It works WITH rather than against pressure.
Flow, Pressure and Viscosity of the Viking Pump 32 and 432 Series General Purpose Internal Gear Pump.
- Max flow: 450 GPM
- Max pressure: 250 PSI
- Max temp: -60 F to 450°F
- Viscosities: up to 250,000 cps
- Materials of construction: Cast Iron
- Simple rotor retention system, ideal for medium duty applications
- Back pull-out seals provide access without disturbing the wet end
- Long shaft standard for pillow block, belt drive, or reducer drive
Viking Pump, Inc. has been a pump industry leader and innovator since its founding in 1911. They continue to build on an ever-growing experience to deliver innovative pumping solutions (including custom designs) to thousands of customers who use millions of Viking pumps in some of the world's toughest applications.