Viking 4124A Universal Seal Pump
Max. Capacity 114 m³h
Max. Pressure 14 Bar
Max. Viscosity 440,000 cSt
Temperature Range -50 to +230 °C
Viking 4124A Universal Seal Pump Heavy-Duty Bracket Mounted Universal Seal
The Universal Product Line has the broadest range of sealing options of all pumps built by Viking. The stuffing box on all sizes accepts packing, numerous component single mechanical seals, or a wide variety of cartridge seals. The Universal Product Line is Viking Pump’s most versatile line of internal gear pumps due to the availability of many design and material options.
|Seal Type||Mechanical Seal|
|Idler Pin||Hardened Steel|
|Gears (Rotor/Idler)||Iron / Iron|
|External Material||Cast Iron|
|Port Orientation||90 Degree|
|Idler Bushing||Carbon Graphite|
|Shaft Bushings||Carbon Graphite|
Features and Benefits of the Viking 4124A Internal Gear Pump.
Positive Displacement Internal Gear pumping principle handles a broad range of viscosities with constant flow rate
- Axial rotor thrust is controlled by double row ball bearing or tapered roller bearings; a bushing provides a secondary point of radial shaft support
- Rotatable bearing housing provides easy rotor end clearance adjustment for viscosity or to compensate wear
- Numerous material options are available for bushings, idler pins, shafts, rotors, idlers and elastomers
- Gear and pump geometry has been optimized based on more than 100 years of experience
- Footed cast iron bracket provides rigid mounting to help maintain alignment, which extends seal and bearing life
- Can use direct drive, gear reducer or gearmotor drive, or belt-drive
- Pressure relief valve standard on all except RS size pumps; less valve / plain head option available
- 124A, 124AE, 4124A, 4124AE, 324A, 4324A:
- Series designed with an enlarged bearing housing. Used in conjunction with a spacer coupling permits easy cartridge seal installation and removal in place without removing the head and rotor/shaft.
- Seal options include packing, single component seals, cartridge lip seals and cartridge single and double mechanical seals. Various seal flush plans are available.