Viking LVP Stainless Steel Vane Pump
Max. Capacity 36 m³/h
Max. Pressure 21 bar
Max. Viscosity 500 cSt
Temperature Range -18º to +177ºC
Viking LVP Stainless Steel Vane Pump
Rotary vane pumps are used for liquid transfer in applications ranging from chemicals to LP gas. Vanes extend from slots on the rotor, sweeping liquid through a camshaped cavity. They offer the benefit of very low slip and high mechanical efficiency. Viking’s LVP series of stainless steel vane pumps is an industrial design which provides smooth flow at pressures higher than typically seen in a vane pump. It is offered in 3 frame sizes that include 6 capacities, all rated to 200 PSI/14 Bar differential pressure. The design is standard with hardened casing, PEEK® vanes and push rods that work together to maximize pump life. A hard chrome-oxide coated shaft runs in silicon carbide bushings that further reduce maintenance and life cycle costs. When maintenance is required, installation of repair parts is a simple process. Vanes, push rods, mechanical seals and bushings are all readily accessible for easy replacement.
The LVP series is designed for thin, corrosive industrial liquids, flammable liquids which require corrosion protection and applications where pressures or vacuum requirements exceed other pumps’ capabilities.
- Acids and Alkalis
- Aqueous Solutions
- Long suction or discharge line applications
- Refined Fuels
- Alcohols and Solvents
- Hexane, Pentane
- Reactor vessel ingredient metering
- Vacuum vessel service
- Pump design provides superior vacuum capability and volumetric efficiency. Provides application flexibility and reduces life-cycle costs.
- Bi-directional pumping design eliminates cost of second pump, piping, and valving needed for loading/unloading or line stripping. Provides application flexibility and reduces system costs.
- Combination of Hardened 316 stainless steel casing, PEEK® vanes and push rods, and carbon construction provides broad chemical compatibility. Enhances application flexibility.
- High efficiency pump with self-priming, short-term dry-run-capabilities that handles entrained gases.
- Provides non-pulsing, low-shear flow.
- Pressure capabilities to 14 Bar (200 PSI), even on the thinnest liquids. Permits standardizing on single pump for multiple liquids and applications.
- LVP series’ vane replacement is a 20 minute service item and does not require rotor and shaft removal or detachment of pump from system. Reduces scheduled downtime, and lowers cost of ownership.
- Better design with fewer parts reduces maintenance, and commonality of many parts between frame sizes reduces parts stocking needs. Provides better parts availability and lower cost of ownership.
- Interchangeable discs may be reversed instead of replaced when worn. Doubles useful life of parts, for reduced life-cycle cost.
- Raised-face flange ports, one-piece casing and bracket, and elastomeric O-ring seals on head, relief valve, and seal gland provides improved sealing reliability. Reduces downtime and cleanup, minimizes chemical exposure.
- 62 Rockwell C surfaced-hardened stainless steel casing.
- Extends casing and vane life, lowering life- cycle costs.
- PEEK® plastic vanes and push rods. All non-metallic components minimize damage potential that is created by use of metal push rods and metal embedded plastic vanes. Extends pump life and lowers life-cycle cost.
- Hard silicon carbide sleeve bearing, standard. Extends pressure capability, minimizes wear, and lowers life-cycle costs.
- Hard chrome oxide coated shaft. Contributes to industry leading pressure capabilities of 200 PSI (14 Bar) and extends pump life, lowering life-cycle costs.
- Gauge ports standard for easy application of gauges or transducers. Simplifies installation of local or remote monitoring systems.
- Top-mounted, adjustable pressure relief valve standard.
- Eliminates cost of return-to-tank system. Protects pump from over-pressure.
- Rotatable casing with motor mount option on two smallest models [to 40 GPM (9 m³/h)]. Permits horizontal or vertical porting for easier installation.
- DIN or ANSI standard, opposite porting, allows easyto-pipe, simple connection to local-standard piping, eliminating adapter leak points. Reduces costs of installation and maintenance.
- Motor speed operation up to 80 GPM @ 60-Hz (23 m³/h @ 50Hz) eliminates speed reducer and one shaft alignment, coupling and guard. Reduces footprint and system cost. Allows quicker, easier installation.