Verderflex VF80 Peristaltic Hose Pump
Verderflex peristaltic hose pumps, for use in mining, brewing, food, chemical, water and waste water applications
Peristaltic hose pump, Verderflex VF, is simple by design in its construction and operation. The medium to be pumped does not come into contact with any moving parts and is totally contained within a robust, heavy-duty hose, which usually consists of an inner layer, two – six reinforcement layers and an outer layer. A rotor passes along the length of the hose, compressing it. This motion forces the contents of the hose directly in front of the rotor to move forward along the length of the hose in a ‘positive displacement’, peristaltic movement. In the wake of the rotor’s compressing action, the natural elasticity of the polymer reinforced rubber forces the hose to open and regain its round profile, creating suction pressure, which recharges the pump
Verderflex VF80 applications
Paints and coatings
Paper and Pulp
Recycling & Waste Remediation
Food and Beverage
Anaerobic Digestion and Biogas
What is Peristalsis in nature?
The involuntary constriction and relaxation of the muscles of the intestine or another canal, creating wave-like movements which push the contents of the canal forward.
How do peristaltic dosing pumps work?
1. The peristaltic pump is based on alternating compression and relaxation of the hose or tube drawing the contents into the hose or tube, operating in a similar way to our throat and intestines.
2. A rotating shoe or roller passes along the length of the hose or tube totally compressing it and creating a seal between suction & discharge side of the pump, eliminating product slip.
3. Upon restitution of the hose or tube a strong vacuum is formed drawing product into the pump.
4. The medium to be pumped does not come into contact with any moving parts and is totally contained within a robust, heavy-duty hose or a precision extruded tube.
5. This pumping action makes the pump suitable for accurate dosing applications and has a pressure rating up to 16 bar (hose) and 2 bar (tube).
6. The high pressure hose has inner layer of 2-6 reinforcement layers and an outer layer, which allow higher working pressures and generate higher suction lifts than non re-enforced tubing.
To learn more about Verderflex and peristaltic pumps please review the below video.